I don’t like eggs. Scrambled, sunny side up, poached - no thank you.
But I do LOVE quiche!
I’m trying to force myself to like eggs. They’re such a huge super-food, it’s silly not to like them. While I’m still working on having eggs other ways, I do really love quiche. Quiche never tastes super egg-y to me, and I love how you can customize it. My husband is lactose intolerant, so I enjoy a challenge when it comes to making cheesy creamy recipes into dairy-free ones.
Omega-3s are incredible for your health. I like getting local eggs at the farmers market, but you can get local eggs from Hickman’s Eggs right in your grocery store. They’re available at Safeway, Albertsons, and coming soon to Bashas. Their new grass fed eggs have twice the Omega-3s. Omega-3s reduce symptoms of ADHD in children, promote brain health, fight depression and anxiety, promote bone and joint health. Beyond that, there's a taste difference. The yolks are creamier and the flavor is fresh.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, it’s easy to customize and make it your own. The Dairy-Free milk I like to use is the unsweetened Almond Milk from Califia Farms (the green one!). The Parmesan Cheese is found at Whole Foods in the Dairy-Free Section, and is an excellent find for this recipe. You can easily make one big quiche and just use a full size pie crust too.
Dairy-Free Mini Quiche Recipe
Using fresh local eggs these mini quiches are a fun breakfast.
Makes: 3 mini quiches45 mins
- 6 Local Fresh Eggs
- Half a packet of Bacon
- 2 Cups of Spinach
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, diced
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 3 Mini Pie Crusts, allergy friendly, or whatever you like
- 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Parmasan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook the bacon according to your liking (I like cooking in the oven for easy clean up). Chop bacon and set aside to cool.
- Heat medium sauce pan with olive oil. Add Onion and Garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and cook until just whilted. Put in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Crack eggs into bowl and whisk, fluffing as much air into them as possible. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Gently mix in sauteed veggie mixture and bacon with eggs. Add almond milk and remaining ingredients, including cheese.
- Fill mini pie crusts until 3/4s full and sprinkle with extra cheese if you'd like.
- Place mini quiches on sheet pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until the filling is firm with no jiggle